Annual Calendar Contest Entries are now open
CALENDAR CONTEST!!!!! Submit your photos for our 2024 Calendar Contest! Your Golden could be one of the featured Goldens to grace next year’s calendar! We are looking for photos of Goldens showing off, acting silly, enjoying a special holiday, frolicking outside, lounging inside, or just sporting that GRREAT Golden “smile.” Show off your dog’s wonderful, GOLDEN personality! Your dog does not need to be a SEVA GRREAT Golden to participate.
Qualified photos will be included in an online voting contest. Photos chosen for the contest will be judged on composition, quality, and emotional appeal. Finalists will be featured on our Facebook page. Your friends and supporters will pick the 2024 SEVA GRREAT Calendar cover dog and monthly photos. Each vote will be $1.00. Voting for the 2024 SEVA GRREAT Calendar Contest will run July 1, 2023 thru 9 pm on August 1, 2023.
The top vote-getter will be on the cover of the 2024 Calendar! Dogs in places 2–13 will receive the monthly feature, and those in places 14–25 will receive the ‘calendar page’. If possible, the remaining photos will be featured throughout the calendar.
- Deadline for submission is June 21, 2023
- Digital images required – please set your camera or phone to the highest resolution
- Do NOT crop photos (we can adjust for the contest). PLEASE do not include humans in the photo, but other dogs and pets in the household are welcomed.
- NO copyrighted photos. Photos must be previously unpublished, non-professional images.
- Horizontal (landscape) orientation is key!! (Aka hold your phone sideways) Vertical/upright (portrait) photos are beautiful too, but don’t display nearly as well on a calendar page.
- You may submit multiple photos, but only one photo per family will be entered in the contest.
- We will try to include a photo from each family, but images that are in portrait format or low resolution may be excluded.
How to Submit:
- Send the largest original file and put your dog’s name and your last name in the subject line. If you send multiple pictures, please number appropriately (i.e., RustyJones01.jpg, RustyJones02.jpg. etc.
- Email your photos with your Dog’s name in the subject line and your last name to email@example.com. Photos become the property of SEVA GRREAT, and we reserve the right to use pictures submitted on our website, Facebook, and other publications.
- Again, do NOT crop the picture(s) and DO send the largest original file.
- Please include in the email a brief story (80 words or less) about your dog and what he/she means to you. If your dog is a SEVA GRREAT dog, please include the month/year adopted.
Happy snapping – we look forward to receiving all of your golden entries!
Your donations go to directly support the dogs in our care. Thank you for your generosity!